The Magic of False Bay
In all my time spent in Cape Town I just can’t seem to get enough of that False Bay magic! It’s hard to describe exactly what it is that keeps drawing me in, perhaps it’s the laid back False Bay vibe, or the various hidden gems and hideaways it has to discover, or maybe it’s all the cool, on-trend, charming towns that each have their own bit of history and culture.
But Before we go there – make sure you like our Facebook Page for more Awesome Cape Town News, views, pics and Videos:
Oh, and the beaches, DEFINITELY the beaches! But whatever it is, I’m hooked, hanging on every bit, going back for more like a chocolate addict that’s finally had a delicious bite of a Bar-One after 10 years. Point is I’ve discovered the False Bay pot of gold and now I want ALL of it! So here are a couple of False Bay beaches that stole my heart and are guaranteed to steal yours too:
- Boulders Bay: Just past Simons Town you’ll find Boulders beach, synonymous with the population of African Penguins who have decided that this beach is their home. And believe me, once you see these cute little guys and girls you certainly won’t be mad about it one bit! Sharing your piece of Boulders beach paradise with these incredible and equally adorable ocean creatures will be an absolute pleasure! This is however a paying beach as it’s right by the penguin tour and viewing site, but if you get the opportunity to go onto the beach you are in store for quite a special treat!
Picture this: You’ve got your towel laid down, you’re stretched out and soaking up all the beautiful Cape Town sun and suddenly a penguin comes strolling by, even spending a bit of time on a comfortable corner of your towel, then you decide to take a dip in the ocean only to be joined by your penguin friend moments later zooming past your legs – YES, THIS ACTUALLY ALL HAPPENED! How incredibly cool is that?! The only problem with Boulders beach however is, that EVERYONE wants a piece of it, it’s that magical! So if you want a spot you better be prepared to get up nice & early – well, what is a 5am rise if you get to be up close and personal with these cuties!
View this post on Instagram
Evening mood in Simon‘s Town. . . #ontheroad #southafrica🇿🇦 #capetown #africanwildlife #roadtrip #travelgram #photooftoday #igersswiss #igerssuisse #nature #naturelovers #landscape #landscape_lovers #nature_shots #ig_naturelovers #nature_brilliance #fiftyshades_of_nature #instatravel #rsa_nature #lumixgx8 #simonstown
- Water’s Edge Beach: This is a Simonstown hidden gem that not too many people know about. But once you find it, you won’t want to leave it. To this day this is still one of my favourite beaches in Cape Town, and that’s saying a lot. One of the main reasons being that it’s more of a Bay and I’m all about living that Bay life! Don’t get me wrong I love a beautiful stretched-out beach as much as the next person, but there’s something quite magical about a more secluded Bay. And that’s exactly what Water’s Edge is. It’s positioned right next to Boulders Beach, so you still get a bit of that vibe too! This is definitely one to look out for!
- Muizenberg beach: Famous for its colourful beach huts that make their way onto picture postcards of Cape Town ever so often, this loooong sandy beach offers a pretty good time! Plus, it truly is surfer’s paradise! I haven’t learnt to surf just yet – trust me, it’s on my bucket list – but once I do, this is the place I’ll go! Muizenberg beach is everything you want in a beach, plus it’s got plenty of surrounding restaurants and watering holes when you feel a bit parched!
- Kalk Bay: Kalk Bay is by far one of my favourite fishing villages found on the coats of False Bay. It’s hard to explain exactly what it is that draw me in about this charming beach side town, but I kind of think it’s EVERYTHING. Like, if I could be a town, I think I would want to be Kalk Bay. That’s how cool it is! And if you don’t believe me, maybe you’ll believe Forbes, because guess what? Kalk Bay was named one of the “coolest neighbourhoods in the world” on a recent Forbes list – how incredible is that! Whether you’re just strolling along the Kalk Bay streets & exploring all the arty and on-trend shops they have or if you’re grabbing a bite to eat at one of their many incredible restaurants and Café’s – the Kalk Bay bug is certainly bound to bite you & you’ll keep going back for more! Trust me! Oh, and if you’re in the mood for ice cream – ICE CAFÉ IS THE BEST!
- Besides these 4 False Bay gems you should definitely also check out the following beaches: St James Beach; Fish Hoek beach; Clovelly Beach; Windmill Beach, Oh and Dalebrook tidal pool, not a beach but still worth the visit!
Like our Facebook Page for more Awesome Cape Town News, views, pics and Videos: